Tuesday, May 8, 2007

It was a Rare pleasure!

Question: Do you love steak as much as I do?

If you answered Yes, then you love steak very much AND you will love the steak at Rare Restaurant in downtown Vancouver. Vancouver is where the 2010 Winter Olympics are being held.

I hope you all love these reviews and will remember them 30 months from now when the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympic Games begin because I just spent 140 dollars on this meal! It was really good though! I started off with the bread that they had out on the table (white linen tablecloths, serious about food AND serious about having good taste!!!). The bread was good it might have been fresh baked but I couldn't see ovens from my table. I could kind of see into the kitchen but I would have needed like a security mirror to see around the corners to look for ovens big enough for baking bread in-house.

It was either sourdough or french bread I can't really tell the difference I've never been able to tell really. Also the butter was soft and easy to spread I HATE it when the butter is cold and hard I have no idea what to do with it so I sometimes have to do this thing where I lay my fork across the candle (assuming candleholder of a jar style) and then set the butter on the fork so the flame will soften it up so I can spread it on the bread really good and smooth. Yes, the butter was soft and smooth without any intervention on my part. Pleasing!

Then I got a salad it was pretty good not enough pepper (she said "say when" and I never said "when" but she stopped anyway). Then I got the steak 15 oz bone-in Tenderloin it was really good I put a ton of A1 steak sauce on it such a good steak. Also I had some wine but it was pretty sour (french wine) and then I ordered the ice cream sundae for dessert it was good.

I think you should all definitely go to this restaurant when you are here in Vancouver for the 2010 Winter Olympics it was real good.

This is a steak not THE steak I had but a steak



Info:

1355 Hornby Street
Vancouver, BC
Phone:


604-669-1256
Fax:


778-786-9052

*~Shades~*

1 comment:

Internet News said...

Cannot wait to have a steak shaped like Africa at the 2010 Olympics!